Patients registered for online services can
- Manage appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View EITHER SUMMARY medical record (medications, allergies) OR
- DETAILED medical record (Demographics, Allergies, Medication, Immunisations, Results, Values (BP, PEFR), Problems/diagnoses, Procedures, Consultations, referral made, letters received (no attachments)
Register for Patient Online Access
Please read ALL documents in the registration pack, bring your completed registration form to reception along with your ID.
Whether registering for summary care record access or detailed care record access you need these documents. It is essential that you read our Online appointment booking guidance before you book an appointment online. You may wish to sign up to our Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS) too.
- Protecting your GP records
- Online appointment booking guidance
- Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS) patient summary
- Patient Online service and summary record technical information
SUMMARY care record registration
Read this leaflet and complete this form if you want SUMMARY care record access
DETAILED care record registration
Read this leaflet and complete this form if you want DETAILED care record access
Anyone wishing to access their detailed medical record online will have their application assessed by a GP; please allow 40 days from ID verification for this to take place. You will be given access to appointment booking, repeat medication requests and summary care record in the meantime if you do not already have it.
Most applications will be approved; however access may be refused if it is not in the best interest of the patient e.g.
- it is likely to cause serious harm to the patient’s physical or mental health, or the physical or mental health of any other person
- the information includes a reference to any third party who has not consented to its disclosure
- the information in the patient’s GP record contains a free text entry and it is not possible to separate that free text entry from other information in that medical record which is held in coded form.
In these cases the GP will explain the reasons for this to the patient or their advocate.
How do I access my account?
You will be issued a PIN letter on registration, follow the instructions on this when logging on for the first time. Access Online Services by clicking Online Services on the navigation menu at the of every page.
Once on the Online Services page click on 'request an appointment' or 'order your prescription' then follow the instructions.
- You may not register on behalf of another patient
- Under 11’s - Parents or guardians may register for Online Access for their children up to the age of 10. Access to medical record viewer will be disabled without further warning when the young person reaches the age of 11 to safeguard the child’s confidentiality. Transactional services (appointments, medication) will be unaffected, but children should be aware that their parents or guardian can access to this information until they change their log on details.
- Children aged 11 – 18 - We do not recommend children apply for access to detailed record viewer until after they reach the age of 18. This is to reduce the risk to teenagers of coming under pressure to unwillingly give access to their record to someone else.
Patient Online Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know