Patient Online Access
Patients registered for online services can
- Manage appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View EITHER CORE SUMMARY medical record (medications, allergies) OR
DETAILED medical record (Demographics, Allergies, Medication, Immunisations, Results, Values (BP, PEFR), Problems/diagnoses, Procedures, Consultations, referral made, letters received (no attachments)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CORE SUMMARY care record registration:
- PRESENT PHOTO ID AT RECEPTION
- IF NO PHOTO AVAILABLE, RECEPTION WILL ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS UNIQUE TO YOUR MEDICAL RECORD TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY
- RECEPTION WILL REGISTER YOUR ONLINE ACCESS AND GIVE YOU YOUR PIN LETTER.
- GO TO https://app.patientaccess.com/registration TO SET UP REGISTRATION.
- IF YOU HAVE A SMARTPHONE, REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE VIA THE MYGP APP https://www.ilovemygp.com/
HOW TO REGISTER FOR DETAILED CODED ACCESS Registration:
Please read all documents in the registration pack and bring your completed registration form to reception along with your ID.
Anyone wishing to access their detailed medical record online will have their application assessed by a GP; please allow 40 days from ID verification for this to take place. You will be given access to appointment booking, repeat medication requests and summary care record in the meantime if you do not already have it.
Most applications will be approved; however access may be refused if it is not in the best interest of the patient e.g.
- it is likely to cause serious harm to the patient’s physical or mental health, or the physical or mental health of any other person
- the information includes a reference to any third party who has not consented to its disclosure
- the information in the patient’s GP record contains a free text entry and it is not possible to separate that free text entry from other information in that medical record which is held in coded form.
In these cases the GP will explain the reasons for this to the patient or their advocate.
How do I access my account?
- You will be issued a PIN letter on registration either via email or printed at reception.
- go to https://app.patientaccess.com/ and click on
- follow the registration instructions.
- contact reception if you have any problems.
- You may not register on behalf of another patient
- Under 11’s - Parents or guardians may register for Online Access for their children up to the age of 10. Access to medical record viewer will be disabled without further warning when the young person reaches the age of 11 to safeguard the child’s confidentiality. Transactional services (appointments, medication) will be unaffected, but children should be aware that their parents or guardian can access to this information until they change their log on details.
- Children aged 11 – 18 - We do not recommend children apply for access to detailed record viewer until after they reach the age of 18. This is to reduce the risk to teenagers of coming under pressure to unwillingly give access to their record to someone else.
Patient Online Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know