We want to offer you an efficient, timely and convenient service, with less waiting and more time for complex non-urgent problems. We offer face to face and telephone appointments with GPs. Please help us to help you – if the doctor or nurse has asked to see you again, please make the appointment before you leave the surgery, don’t wait until the day you need to be seen.
Download the MYGP app from your playstore on your smartphone. The app is great for managing appointments when it's more convenient for you and you can order your repeat prescriptions on the app. To download the app all you have to do is make sure we have your correct mobile number.
To activate the prescription function contact reception and ask for the activation codes (which we will email to you).
For more information go to https://www.ilovemygp.com/
If you register for online access you can book, rearrange and cancel your appointments online, at your convenience, 24 hours every day. All appointments are available to book online.
To register for online services contact reception. You need an email address (each patient needs their own email address for access). Go to Patient Online Access page for more information.
to log on to patient access go to https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/Account/Login
IMPORTANT - Booking appropriately online
- When booking appointments online please be aware of the appointment durations given in the guidance below*. You will need to book 2 adjacent appointments for reasons which require 20 minutes.
- Please ensure you are booking with the appropriate clinician for your appointment reason.
- If you are unsure how long your appointment should be or who you need to see please speak to a receptionist.
- Do not book with a HCA unless requested to do so by another clinician, if we can't see the request on our clinical system you may be asked to rebook.
Online appointment booking guidance
You will be asked for the appointment reason when you book an appointment with a receptionist or online. This is very important for two reasons;
- It helps us to put you with the correct clinician for your consultation and avoid wasting patient and clinician time. Not all GPs perform the same procedures (e.g. minor surgery, joint injections, termination of pregnancy counselling). Our nurses also have special areas of expertise e.g. Diabetes, Asthma, NHS health checks, Sexual health etc.). If unsure please speak to a receptionist.
- Knowing the reason for your appointment is extremely helpful in enabling our health care professionals to prepare for your consultation.
How long do I need?
If booking with a receptionist they will allocate the correct appointment length for you providing you give them the enough information. Some problems require longer than the usual single 10 minutes, if you think this applies to you then please book yourself a double appointment by booking two appointments together. The Online appointment booking guidance is useful as it indicates how long you will need with which clinician for your appointment reason.
Please note - There is only time for one problem per appointment slot. If you need to see a clinician for more than one reason you will need to book two appointments together e.g. If seeing a HCA for bloods and blood pressure please book 2 adjacent slots
We offer regular early morning and evening appointments (please see opening times tab for details) as well as on the day appointments for urgent problems that cannot wait. If you think you need extra time to see the doctor or nurse, please ask for a double appointment. You can book your appointments up to three months in advance.
If you need to be referred for further care we offer the opportunity for you to choose your hospital and may be able to directly book your first consultant appointment.
What to do if you cannot attend your appointment
On average around 10 hours of our valuable doctor and nurse time is wasted each month through patients that did not attend their appointments. Download the MYGP app to your smartphone where you can manage your appointments at a time more convenient to you. Make sure we have your correct mobile number for our text reminder service.
NEW Community eye care service
You can now be assessed and treated by your local community eye care service if you have a recent problem with your eyes
- Lid lumps and bumps
- Flashes and floaters
- Contact lens problems
- Red and sticky eyes
- Itchy, gritty, sore or dry eyes
Free NHS appointments available at participating opticians
L M Baverstock, Milnthorpe -015395 62633
Philip Jones Opticians, Carnforth -01524 730055
Butterfield Opticians, Carnforth -01524 732724
Community eye care service leaflet
Patients should see their Dentist for problems with teeth or gums. If you are not registered with a dentist and have a dental emergency (pain, swelling, trauma or bleeding) please call the dental helpline 01539 716822.